Are you sure that you installed the same version of 32 bit python that Vim was
looking for? I see no reason that this wouldn't have fixed your problem,
unless you somehow had a gvim exe built without python support. Anyway, I had
precisely this problem, and the obvious thing to me was that my python dll was
x64, whilst I had 32 bit vim. The solution for me was simply to build a 64
bit version of Vim. I much prefer upgrading Vim to downgrading Python. The
arguments I sent to the make file were:
nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes CPU=AMD64 PYTHON=C:\Python27 DYNAMIC_PYTHON=yes PYTHON_VER=27
I then replaced my original 32 bit gvim.exe with the 64 bit one I just built.
Everything worked perfectly. If you are worried about the hassle of the
build, don't be- it was very straightforward using visual studio 2010's
compilers, and running make from the appropriate visual studio command prompt
(x64 cross tools). I can send further instructions if needed.