I have three monitors and one of them recently started acting very flaky. In short, when I:
- Turn on the computer,
- Come out of Sleep mode
- "Enable" the monitors after they have been shut off due to my computer's Power Plan
The one monitor either:
- Doesn't turn on until after waiting 30-90 seconds.
- Doesn't come on unless I unplug the cable from the computer and plug it back in
And for the latter approach, that doesn't always work the first try, sometimes I have to fiddle with it repeatedly, plugging and unplugging it. And when I say it "doesn't come on," I mean the monitor screen remains black and the power light flashes like it does whenever the monitor is suspended.
Once on, the monitor works fine.
WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR...
Here is what I have tried so far:
- Turn the monitor off, then on - same problems
- Turn the monitor off before going to Sleep or turning the computer off, and then turning it back on once the computer has awoken or been powered back up - same problems
- Replaced the DVI cable connecting the monitor to the computer with a new one - same problems
- Tried swapping out to a VGA cable with a VGA --> DVI converter - same problems
- Tried moving the cable input to a different video in port on the back of my computer (I have four DVI inputs)
My guess is that there is some connector or switch in the monitor that detects whether the monitor is plugged in, and that is flaking out.