How could I best resolve an issue with an RDP connection problem between two Windows 7 machines, is there any kind of log file or something similar?
- RDP is enabled on the target computer
- I can ping the target computer, and back from target to "source"
- I have tried "Allow .. any version" and "Allow ..." modes
- I have tested with Windows 7 "auto logon" and "auto logoff"
- RDP works with another Windows 7 target computer (same laptop to other target)
- I have tried with IP and DNS name settings
- Both Windows 7 computers are in the same workgroup (home-network, no domain)
- Several restarts of the "target" computer in between
I would need anything where I can get further details about the communication issue. The only thing I see is RDP's "Initiating remote connection" and then the failure alert.
Further network checking - due to your help - showed the network was "Public", changing it to "Home network" resolved the issue.