Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I remember seeing (could be 10 or 20 years ago, on something like BBC's old Tomorrows World program) small - robotic - printers with wheels that moved over the surface to be printed. They were ideal for printing on paper or canvas that physically could not run through a printer.

Apologies if SuperUser isn't the place to ask this

I have a requirement for something that can do this, I tried googling but with no success.

Do these things still exist? If so what are they called? Where can I pick one up?

This wouldn't be printing on paper, it would be printing on a flat surface of a manufactured product, the surface cannot be covered by paper or plastic.
also, they were actual manufactured products, not this home made version

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, Sathya Aug 17 '11 at 17:34

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Sorry but Super User is not a place to ask this. Check out Ars Technica or Tom's Hardware forums – Sathya Aug 17 '11 at 17:34
@Sathya: That's what I was afraid of, thanks for the tips :) – Binary Worrier Aug 17 '11 at 17:36

Most of the stuff I can find on the internet is DIY build your own stuff, i searched for robot plotter and got some results that way

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .