My workplace uses a Cisco VPN. When I'm at home, connected wirelessly through my Linksys router, I'm having trouble loading HTTPS sites. (I'm using Ubuntu, which doesn't cache DNS entries) Here's a typical scenario:
- Open Firefox/chrome
- Visit https://github.com, logged in
- Connect to the VPN
- Click any link from Github home page (someone's repo for example)
- Website just sits there spinning (Firefox's status bar displays "waiting for github.com ...")
- Clear cache - makes no difference
- Open github in new tab and click the same link again - doesn't work either
- Restart Firefox
- Open github and click the link again - now it works.
I've also tried:
- Explicitly using OPENDNS servers for both my VPN connection and wireless connection
- Disabling Firefox TLS
Would really appreciate any help debugging this at all!