I would like to present data in Microsoft Visio Diagrams.
On my own workstation I can add data sources like an SQL server and bind data to shapes in the diagram.
When I save such a document to disk as a Viso Drawing (.vsd) and send this document to another person, all data is preserved, but refreshing this data is impossible. (data becomes static) So I suppose the "other person" is missing something in the document I send him.
- I am using Microsoft Visio Premium (together with a full setup sharepoint developer environment)
- He is using Microsoft Visio 2010 Standard. His menu also lacks the availability of the Data tab in the menu.
I am trying to determine if:
- The difference in versions also eliminates the use of "live" data.
- The document has to be saved in a different format in the first place (not as .vsd)
- An alternative solution for this problem if both above are not possible.