My answer is based on IE. If this is also happening on other browsers, please add the information to your post on the exact error you are encountering and the exact browser version (on both home and office).
Error 107 occurs when the Browser and website cannot agree on the SSL protocol to use. See below my answer point 1 which addresses this problem. Also, error reporting in IE can be improved by going to Control Panel -> Internet Options / Advanced tab / Browsing section, and unchecking "Show friendly HTTP error messages", press OK and restart IE.
I suggest reading this (very long) military article :
SOME PROBLEMS YOU MAY RECEIVE WHILE SETTING UP YOUR CAC READER & SOFTWARE
The article contains multiple solution to many problems. I selected some and remark that most Control Panel -> Internet Options pertains to IE but that some also pertain to other browsers (restart of the browser required after change).
- Internet Options / Advanced tab / Security section, make sure TLS 1.0 & SSL 3.0 are both checked, and SSL 2.0 NOT checked. If this does not help, try also checking SSL 2.0.
- Internet Options / Security tab / Trusted Sites, change the default level to low, add the domain to Trusted Sites. Also click Internet and change the default level to Medium.
- In Internet Options, clear the cache in General tab, Delete... button, place a check-mark on Temporary Internet Files and on Cookies and click the Delete button.
- under Internet Options / Advanced tab / Security section, try checking or unchecking "Allow Active Content from CD to run on My computer".
- Internet Options / Content / Certificates / Personal / Advanced, check the box that says "Client Authentication".
- Internet Options / Security tab, click on Internet and uncheck "Enable Protected Mode".
My addition : Disabling Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration.
For Chrome, see the article I receive Error 107.