- we're setting up a company-wide search that should be able to search every bit of information
- our CRM software offers LDAP access to the in-application address book
- the search engine is not able to index contact data from LDAP - it can work on HTML pages and files only
The easiest way to get the address book data available for the search engine is to generate a HTML page for each address book entry.
Are there existing open source solutions that we can use to generate (and update) that HTML pages?
The features we'd need are:
- Support for 1000+ contacts
- Nice HTML pages, valid HTML code
- Index file with link to every single page
- Support for objectClass
- Support for multivalued mail fields
- Grouping of fields (company address fields grouped, home address fields grouped)
From http://www.mylinuxproject.de/nf-index-mylinuxenglish-ldap_e.html works with some fixes, but internally uses
ldapsearch without paging, so we don't get more than 500 entries.
Also, it generates one big list only.