I have my music sorted using directories so I don't want a library, tags and what not.
What I want:
- easily (recursively) add directories to playlist from my music root, not from library
- songs in playlist grouped by directories they reside in
- directories in playlist must be collapsible and rearrangable, option to collapse all but currently played folder being a nice bonus
- buttons/shortcuts for next/prev directory are a must
- shuffle songs within their directories, shuffle directories within playlist
Promsing but not it:
- MortePlayer on Android matches most but... it's for Android :)
- Pogo has the playlist I want, but is missing essential features. Not to mention gaps between songs.
- Amarok 2 is grouping by folders, but can't do anything else mentioned. Also, start without Qt/KDE libs in memory takes bloody ages.
- I've been told to try xfmedia, but it's not in repos anymore and seems quite dead. Even more dead than LISP.
Nice but not what I want (to save your time, continually edited):
Are you aware of such a music player? I'm afraid I'll have to write my own MPD client, which would cost enormous amounts of time.