A friend of mine does animal research in the rainforest. She wants to show videos to animals and analyze their behavior. She is looking into laptops or convertible tablets to use there.
The most important criteria are:
- Monitor must be easily viewed in the sun, which seems like would require a minimum of 1000 nits (from what we understand the more the better).
- Non-reflective and non-glare screen and high contrast ratio are crucial.
- Decent vertical and horizontal viewing angle are important.
- Standard features of a rugged laptop would also be helpful (e.g., water proof, dust resistant, etc).
- Must be able to play videos
- A screen between 12 and 15-inches would be ideal. Anything smaller than 10-inches will definitely be too small
- A touch screen would also be nice, as would a built in camera and good battery life.
These are the some of the products we've found so far:
- Do you know any other products or can you think of any other technical solution?
- From the specs or personal experience, do you recommend any of the solutions listed above?