Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking for a software which enables to measure a distance in an image. Something in the style on Photoshop's ruler and 'guides' system is what I have in mind (but I'd take suggestions in other directions too).
Preferably, it should be as minimal as possible in terms of other functionality.

  • OS: Windows 7
  • An ability to edit the ruler (unit size/numbering) would be nice, but is not a necessity.
  • Freeware is preferable but is not a necessity.
share|improve this question

I've used A Ruler For Windows before, it worked pretty good for what I used it.

share|improve this answer
Slightly useful, but not good enough - Mostly I'd like 'guides' to go over the image while measuring and stay there 'till they are cleared. Thanks anyway – Eran Aug 26 '11 at 8:30

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.