Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I would like to use the paint bucket to fill in the background with black and white circles evenly spaced apart. What is this called?

share|improve this question

migrated from Aug 24 '11 at 1:20

This question came from our site for Graphic Design professionals, students, and enthusiasts.

Try looking up offset duplicate. – digitxp Aug 24 '11 at 2:10

You can use the clone tool :

  • Select the object
  • Menu -> Edition -> Clone... -> Create Tiled Clones
  • "Symmetry" tab, then "P1 -> translation"
  • Choose the number of rows/columns you want
  • ???
  • Profit

Then, you can fill arbitrary shapes with the result, by selecting all the clones, then Menu Object -> Patters -> Object to Pattern (Alt-i)

Then in any shape you have, you can fill it with this newly created pattern.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.