Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there an auto hotkey script or some preference somewhere where, in Windows 7, where I can intercept Ctrl and + and replace with Win and +? Also, an equivalent for Ctrl and - being replaced with Win and -.

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

In AutoHotKey:

^+::#+ ; Replace Ctrl-[plus] with Win-[plus]

^-::#- ; Do the same with Ctrl-[dash]

Note that the code above does not cover numpad plus and minus. For those, you need the following


share|improve this answer

Win +/- acting like Ctrl +/-

LWin & +::
SendInput ^{+}

LWin & -::
SendInput ^{-}

Ctrl +/- acting like Win +/-

LCtrl & +::
SendInput #{+}

LCtrl & -::
SendInput #{-}
share|improve this answer

Autoit Code:

HotKeySet("^{+}", "Transform1") ;captures [CTRL]+[+], Triggers Transform1
HotKeySet("^{-}", "Transform2") ;captures [CTRL]+[-], Triggers Transform2

While 1 ;while loop to keep processor from maxing out

Func Transform1() 
    ;Send("#{+}") ;sends [WIN]+[+]

Func Transform2()
    ;Send("#{+}") ;sends [WIN]+[-]
share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .