- iTunes on a dying laptop (Windows 7)
- Music purchased through iTunes and partially synced to multiple iPads
- iPads registered through iTunes
- apps downloaded directly to iPads
- iPads OS's not all current yet
- all of the above is on one account
What I want to do
- Upgrade all OS to latest on iPads
- Correctly transfer all apps, music, settings to a new computer (Windows 7)
- Not lose any information or purchases of anything
- Ensure I don't have to re-register iPads, etc.
My first thought is to install iTunes to the latest version on the new computer and also make sure the old computer has the latest version. Upgrade all iPads before transfer.
I have not found a definitive source on how to do this without losing something in the process.