I'm trying to set a simple public block for an application for both inbound and outbound connections. I'm using Windows 7, but my friend is still able to connect to the application. Steps I took are as follows:
- Reset firewall to default settings using the button at "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall"
- Go into advanced settings from the same place
- Add an inbound rule for the target application with public checked using TCP (program does use TCP)
- Add an outbound rule in the same way
- Close all windows and restart target application
Now at this point, my friend is still able to connect. I've even enabled logs for both dropped and accepted connections. Nothing was logged.
Any ideas? I'm not feeling very safe here.