Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking for a Windows to Mac keyboard shortcut reference.

For example:

In Windows, 'highlight to end of current line' is Shift + End. What is the Mac equivalent?

This Wikipedia entry doesn't seem to have them all, as well as this Ultimate Switcher guide.

share|improve this question
I thought Apple's own list was pretty good. – slhck Sep 4 '11 at 15:21
@slhck You should post this as answer. – Daniel Beck Sep 4 '11 at 15:35
@Daniel Well, technically it's not a Windows → Mac list. – slhck Sep 4 '11 at 15:43
@slhck True. But still, how many shortcuts can there be? Also, a Windows —> Mac mapping, depending on the format, loses all shortcuts that are unique to OS X... some aren't as easily translatable, although possible, e.g. Windows-L for locking the screen. – Daniel Beck Sep 4 '11 at 16:16
I used the page linked by slhck as a starting point for Text editing shortcuts: Cocoa Text System - Default System Key Bindings – user495470 Sep 13 '11 at 9:10

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .