I've noticed a bit of a performance issue with some WD RE4 drives I'm using under AMD's hardware RAID solution. First a bit of background:
- Environment: Windows 7 home premium x64
- HDD's: 3x 1TB WD Raid Edition 4 in a RAID 5 setup with 128 kbyte stripe (2TB usable space)
- Testing Tool: HD Tune, process set to "High Priority"
- Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1100T
- Ram: 16GB DDR3/1600mhz
- Motherboard: MSI 970A-G45
The image below pretty much depicts the issue I'm having. Every test has the same thing, a period of similar length where the performance drops to a few megabytes a second. This can't be a TLER issue as the purpose of RE4's is to work around that.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.