I recently cloned (using Ghost 15.0) my 200gb C drive to 500gb Z(in a USB attached enclosure). After the clone successfully? ended, I did have 2 duplicate drives. After removing power and battery, I swapped out the old C with the new Z. Booted in safe mode, ran Task mgr, and ran Regedit. In it I changed old C to a Q drive, and then changed Z to the C drive. I turned off machine and rebooted... seemingly successful. It found the new C and all was right with the world.
- Email won't start unless, the Q drive (old C) is attached. (I was hoping to re-format the Q and use it in the external enclosure as additional hard drive space.)
- There is no indexing of the new drive, and everything runs... slowly.
- I was looking for a place to re-install Windows Mail, (came with the Vista OS), but found out that that was a no-no.
My computer is:
- HP Pavilion DV 6500
- SP1 and SP2 applied to Windows Vista
- Dual Core Intel chips 1GB each