Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

We are having issues lately with the roof leaking. I decided I should go buy some plastic tarps or equivalent to cover every ones computers and our server racks from water damage. What plastic should I get? Not sure if there's a rule of thumb because of static electricity etc.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

In general, the chance of damaging anything is likely to be low as the kit is encased and grounded so regular polythene sheeting should be OK. If there's moisture in the air, this will cut down on static build up anyway.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.