I want to install Ubuntu 11.04 to my 16 GB fast USB flash disk (I don't want "installation" with Universal USB Installer as written on original Ubuntu site).
I want it for portable use. I wonder if there are any optimizations for that, like:
- keeping things in RAM as long as possible,
- minimizing disk writes (that's so bad for flash),
- dealing with hardware drivers when running on other computers,
- et cetera.
My requirements are:
- full "/" partition encryption (I know that
/boot/can't be encrypted)
- not using Universal USB Installer
- no extra partitions for persistent changes.
Any tips for above things, partitioning or useful system changes would be appreciated.