Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there an application that wraps Microsoft's WebBrower control with a Chrome-style UI?

Or is there an extension for Chrome that uses IE's rendering engine?

i prefer Chrome's tabbed interface, but IE9's rendering is much faster.

share|improve this question

There is an extension called IE Tab for chrome, it allows you to use the IE rendering engine inside the Chrome interface. More information on it here.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer
Actually, there are quite a few. – Synetech Sep 10 '11 at 20:21
I use IE Tab and it works great. Highly recommended. – e40 Sep 10 '11 at 21:44
+1 IE Tab...... – Moab Sep 10 '11 at 23:28
This one (…) doesn't use chrome's address bar. It looks like it forces IE to render through Chrome, making it extraordinarily slow (e.g. gets <1fps rather than 60fps) – Ian Boyd Sep 11 '11 at 13:20
You can try the other alternatives that Synetech inc. pointed out, try this one out,… – Sandeep Bansal Sep 11 '11 at 13:25

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.