Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there an application to dock windows to the left, right, top & bottom with keyboard shortcuts in Gnome? (Note: I'm using Ubuntu)

I know Ubuntu Unity can do so, but I don't want to use it because it slows down my system.

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

gnome-shell also can do the same in GNOME 3. It is not possible with metacity (the window manager).

However, you can maximize/un-maximize horizontal or vertically a window. Go to System/Preferences/keyboard shortcuts. Look for 'Window Management' and once inside there: Maximize window vertically and Maximize window horizontally. In my case, I had set Ctrl-Alt-V and Ctrl-Alt-H, respectively.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .