Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there any program who can emulate certain keystrokes and "transforms into other"?

For example, if I press Shift + K, I want the computer to interpret it as Alt + A (just an example).

share|improve this question

You can do that and more with AutoHotkey. You can create hotkeys and remap keys and buttons on your keyboard.

share|improve this answer
Hmm, I knew that you could have a key perform something else, but I didn’t expect that you could actually remap it so that the original key is still available; for example, you can swap a & b such that pressing ‘a’ gives ‘b’ and vice-versa: a::b & b::a. (I do still wonder if it creates a cyclic loop though, eg void a(){b();} void b(){a();}.) – Synetech Sep 14 '11 at 20:24
Great. I knew about AutoHOtKey but didn´t know he could do that. Many thanks. – Popo Sep 14 '11 at 20:58
Could you give some examples? I want to Shift+UP Arrow to be transformed into NUMPAD8 for example – Popo Sep 14 '11 at 21:07
I am not proficient in Autohotkey and I suggest you ask another question for your above example with autohotkey tag. – Mehper C. Palavuzlar Sep 14 '11 at 21:17

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .