When I copy information from a document (just some text) out of Microsoft Word, then close the document and re-open it, the clipboard data is gone.
What is happening here, and how can I stop Microsoft Word from messing with my clipboard data?
Steps to Reproduce:
- With an existing Word document, mark it as Read-only on Windows.
- Open Word.
- Make a modification. Copy some text.
- Attempt to save. The "Save As..." dialog appears because the file is read-only.
- Do not save. Press Cancel instead.
- Close Word.
- Mark the file as not Read-only.
- Open the document again.
- Try to paste.
When you try to paste, nothing happens, the clipboard was cleared.