I'm going to outsource some development work to a stranger. I would like to run down my setup and what I've done thus far to take some precautionary measures. I'm hoping you all can provide me with some more advice, gotchas, or things to consider.
- Server is running Windows 7 Ultimate.
- I'm behind a Linksys router.
- I have installed the free version of AVG anti-virus software.
- The developer remoting into the server will have 'user' privileges and will require a username & password.
- I'm using the free DynDNS service and client application to manage a static url for access.
- Default Windows security settings on: firewall, uac, etc.
- Other PC on the network is password protected.
- Source code environment will be in a sandbox: no live connection strings, data, or ftp ability. I will be tasked with QA and releasing new software.
How is this setup? What would you have done differently? What, if anything should I do differently to protect my machine and network?