I'm studying for CCNA 2 exam. Here's one of the questions. I already know the answer. What I am looking for is the reason why the incorrect answers are...incorrect. =)
For example, the question is:
What is the purpose of a routing protocol?
- A) It is used to build and maintain ARP tables.
- B) It provides a method for segmenting and reassembling data packets.
- C) It allows an administrator to devise an addressing scheme for the network.
- D) It allows a router to share information about known networks with other routers.
- E) It provides a procedure for encoding and decoding data into bits for packet forwarding.
The answer is D).
- A) I believe A) is false because routing protocols are used to build and maintain routing tables, not ARP tables.
- B) Regarding B), I think segmenting and reassembling data packets would be enabled by Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), right?
- C) Would this be Internet Protocol?
- D) TRUE
- E) What about this one?