My laptop sometimes slows down unexpectedly on long uses.
I suspect that the laptop temperature is going to high, then the CPU (or the chipset) is slowing down to avoid damaging the hardware. I can even feel the heat through my table.
Is there any way to "detect" if my hypothesis is right?
If true, what can I do to prevent it?
- My computer is a Dell Latitude E6400 (Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM, Intel GMA
<low cost low perf low productivity>, SATA 7200 RPM hard drive) running on Windows 7 SP1 x64.
- I'm heavily using it as a development computer (CPU, disk and memory
are always is high load), and, unfortunately, I can't simply reduce
the number of running apps/services.
- Using Speccy, I see this average temperatures (Celsius / Fahrenheit):
- motherboard : 70 ºC / 158 ºF
- CPU : 60 ºC / 140 ºF
- hard drive : 45 ºC / 113 ºF