Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have Microsoft Word 2007 document:enter image description here

However you can see with longer word it doesn't go like I want, it would be better if it would spawn a new line like in another example below (I made it but formatting looks weird with that shift enter and I think it's possible to make it other way) enter image description here

share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

They have invented tables for this purpose.

Don't do this manually, it'll be a pain to manage it and you don't want special characters shown for that...

share|improve this answer
Table are certainly the easy way to go – uSlackr Sep 20 '11 at 22:29
yeah I guess I could but better would be with tabs and it's just for one word, but if it's really very very hard to make then I will just increase first tab length, because it's just a bit longer word – Templar Sep 20 '11 at 22:50
The only exception is the last term can be made to wrap by setting the hanging indent to the position of the last tab stop. – Hand-E-Food Sep 20 '11 at 22:56
@Templar: Tabs aren't meant to made columns of wrapping text. Similar to Tables, you can also introduce Columns into your document, if that's what you want. As said, don't do this kind of stuff manually as you'll lose a great deal of time trying to get something perfect which can happen automatically through Tables or Columns... – Tom Wijsman Sep 20 '11 at 22:59
Can you also look this question?… – Templar Sep 21 '11 at 15:50

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.