I'm experiencing the same issue as this question, which seems to be unresolved. I'll provide more detail, sot that this qualifies as a better representation of the issue. It all started after moving to a new service provider. It also may be tied to Windows Updates.
What is my setup?
- Windows 7 64-bit. Plenty of power under the hood, no driver updates so assuming hardware isn't the cause.
What have I tried?
- Reboot between about every step. Shutdown often as well, as this has been a 2 week issue.
- I already had Chrome and IE9 installed. I tried using all 3 (IE has a 64-bit option, making it three)
- Made sure no proxies enabled.
- Cleared cache, cookies, all temp files I could find. Issue persists.
- Cleared DNS (ipconfig -flushdns). Issue persists.
- Setup Google Public DNS in router. Also release/renew in router.
- Tried Windows Update, however, it gives an error. I will try to get error later. Microsoft site says Windows Update might be corrupted (if you get that error), so I followed the instructions on their site to create a new Windows update folder. Issue persists.
- Ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, no issues. (updated first)
- Full scan of MS Security Essentials. No issues found. (updated first)
- Uninstalled MS Security Essentials, same issue persists.
- I uninstalled Chrome, and installed FF6. Same issue.
- Reset IE, ensured 3rd party extensions disabled. Issue persists.
- Checked HOST file, it looks normal and hasn't been modified in a while.
- Desperation caused me to attempt a System Restore. Sadly, it could only go back a couple days. It was successful in restoring, but failed to fix issue.
- Ran a sfc -scannow. Found nothing, issue persisted.
- Found another site that mentioned this might be caused by windows updates. I have began uninstalling windows updates, and am back to mid august. Several more to go, so far haven't found any that have fixed it.
I may have missed a step or two I've done, as this has been going on for at least 2 weeks.
What else can I do to troubleshoot this issue and get an understanding of what's happening?