I've been getting very frequent BSODs after putting together my new setup...
- Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
- Intel Core i5-760 2.8 GHz
- G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB DDR3-1333 SDRAM
- OCZ Vertex 96GB SATA II SSD
- Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM SATA II HDD
- Sapphire Xtreme Radeon HD 5830 1GB GDDR5
- OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W modular PSU
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
I've attached a screenshot, which shows that ntoskrnl.exe (a frequent cause, not shown in BSV) and ntfs.sys are causes for this BSOD. Settings I've changed in the BIOS are changing the SATA mode to AHCI from IDE, enabling hard drive S.M.A.R.T. capabilities and changing the primary graphics adapter to PCI Express.
However, I'm still getting these BSODs and can't figure out the issue. Right before a BSOD, everything slowly freezes up, programs become non-responsive and some problems close spontaneously.
What do these BSODs mean and what do I do to prevent them from happening?