Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is there a way to use normal keys as modifier keys? Assuming my keyboard correctly records my pressing S and F together, is there a way for me to use the combination as a keyboard shortcut like Control-S?


  • how do I test my keyboard is capable of detecting simultaneous keypresses?
  • how can I remap the combination so that it can be used by an application like emacs?
share|improve this question
Autokey baby. . . –  surfasb Oct 2 '11 at 8:38
care to elaborate, honey? –  TomSW Oct 2 '11 at 22:18
add comment

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.