As I asked before
"I have windows 7 OS on my PC. I attached an additional internal HDD to my PC sometimes ago. Now when I unplug this HDD and start the system, My PC stuck & shows the booting failure message.
How can I unplug it since the drive has got many bad sectors and I'm not willing to use it any longer."
There are some additional detail. I attached one more HDD.Now
- HDD00 [having windows 7] [SLAVE]
- HDD01 [which is puzzling me] [MASTER]
- HDD02 [new] [SLAVE]
Now what combinations i tried and what problem i faced.
- If i attach HDD02, it is giving "BOOTMGR missing".
- If i detach HDD01 whether HDD02 is attached or not, it is giving "BOOTMGR missing"
- If i change booting sequence through BIOS or by pressing F12, same problem
- "HIREN BOOT CD 14" has an option "BOOT from Windows 7/2008/ VISTA". If i use this option then I am able to boot. But HDD01 is supposed to be attached, otherwise this option fails.
- I had tried making HDD02 as MASTER and HDD01 as SLAVE, still same problem
- I had installed Windows 7 on new drive, still same problem.
- I had tried many MBR tolls come with Hiren Boot CD. Nothing worked for me.
Suggest me some software or internal settings which can help me to get rid off HDD01 and booting system normally.
Please help ... I have open cabinet with a open problem :)