Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have some videos recorded on my cellphone that I want to put on DVD so that they can be watched in a standard consumer DVD player. I've copied the videos from my cell phone to my computer and they have the 3gp file extension.

How to I convert from 3gp to dvd? What's some good free software to do this?

share|improve this question
that depends if you want one program to do all of it or you don't mind using couple programs to do the job –  Darius Oct 5 '11 at 23:12
I'm okay with using some toolchain. If there's something that does it all at once then that would be better, but ultimately I want a quality finished product whatever the process (within reason). –  User Oct 6 '11 at 0:05
Then you firstly you could use HandBrake to convert 3gp to dvd and then use burning software to burn the disc. –  Darius Oct 6 '11 at 0:28

3 Answers 3

up vote 1 down vote accepted

In Windows, I have used http://www.dvdflick.net/ it is simple and do the job for creating DVDs from video files.

share|improve this answer
Yup that's what I ended up using. I'll mark this the answer after giving it some time to see if any other suggestions come in. –  User Oct 6 '11 at 2:58

This one is quite popular http://www.my3gpconverter.com/3gp-to-dvd-converter.html there's a trial version not sure how much functionality you get with Trial but if you like you can buy it.

Hope that helps

share|improve this answer

‘Apparently’ there is also freemake which, unlike 3GP to DVD Converter is free (so at least fits the bill - of zero - better than Kien’s answer IMO) but may be difficult to use with “personal experience” that 3GP to DVD is much easier – except that the “personal experience” turns out to be just an audit trap (that I failed for trying to improve the “answer” via an edit). Yes it was a short answer – but still longer than the one accepted here.

So I have no experience of freemake but it does seem to be another option (and valid as an answer, whether or not correct).

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.