Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have two identical monitors. When I set them side by side, the edges don't quite sit perpindicular to one another. This is most likely due to slight structural differences in the stands that occurred as they cooled after being released from their casts.

I can hold them together with my hands just how I want them to stay, but, of course, they move back into their natural position when I release them.

It seems there would be a sort of plastic brace that I can attach to both monitors to hold them perfectly together. What would such a thing be call if it exists? If there is nothing like it, what ideas do you all have as far as making such a thing?

I put this in superuser because I couldn't find a more appropriate section.

share|improve this question
up vote 0 down vote accepted

Your question belongs here... don't worry about that.

Have you tried using something simple, like tape? (Duct tape may work best.)

Alternatively, you may want to search monitor mounts and see if anything there is exactly what you’re looking for.

share|improve this answer
Jeez, if I only knew what to do with my duct tape – slhck Oct 6 '11 at 14:19
@RedGrittyBrick not funny... – wizlog Oct 6 '11 at 19:48

Ergotron makes a wide range of mounts. They will likley have something.

share|improve this answer
Other vendors with decent hardware are Chief (, Ergotech (, and for something cheaper (price and quality) there's Planar ( IMO if you want something non-articulating, Chief and Ergotech are both a better bet than Ergotron. – Shinrai Oct 6 '11 at 14:20
It's also worth noting that custom mounting solutions are only useful if the monitors in question can be removed from their stands. – Shinrai Oct 6 '11 at 14:21

A big binder clip works well for me!

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.