Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have this spreadsheet (Open Office) and all the data is filled in so they form a col, and I would like to change this so they fill a row instead. Kind of mirror the doc in both axis.

This is how it looks today

       D1 D2 D3 D4 D5
Name1  01 02 03 04 05
Name2  10 11 12 13 14

And then I would like to transform the data so the data comes in rows instead.

    Name1 Name2
D1     01    10
D2     02    11
D3     03    12
D4     04    13
D5     05    14

Is there a function in Open Office (Libre Office) that can do this?

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

Yes - just use Paste special (CTRL+SHIFT+V) and select Transpose from options. Here's a nice description of this feature.

share|improve this answer
Nice that works like a charm :) – Johan Oct 6 '11 at 16:33

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .