I have a Windows XP SP3 machine with a TeamCity 6.5 Build Agent I am trying to make run under a different account. However, when I try to start it, it fails immediately with the following error:
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
This error is normally reserved for when services fail to start within 30 seconds, however in my case the error is thrown immediately.
What are the possible reasons that could be causing this error? I have verified everything I can think of:
- The service runs fine under SYSTEM.
- It is a domain account.
- The domain account is not locked out, and the password is set to never expire.
- The password is entered correctly. (yes ;)
- The domain account is added to the local Administrators group.
- The domain account is granted the 'Log on as a service' local security policy.
There is nothing in event log except success audits for the account logging in and out, and the service failed to start error (with no further details, exit codes, or stack traces). No files are produced in the C:\BuildAgent\logs directory, so I don't think the process is even starting at all.