Take the 2-minute tour ×
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Ok, call me a weirdo, but I was wondering if there is some free software out there somewhere which transforms your desktop into more of an actual desktop? Hard to explain, but I would like to stick scalable photos on, rotatble, maybe some notes, videos, links, images. So, it becomes more like an actual desktop rather than just a place of icons, widgets and a wallpaper.

I know, its an odd request, but surely there is something.

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 1 down vote accepted

If BumpTop wasn't discontinued when they were acquired by the Goog, I would have recommended that. Check out Rainmeter. There is a huge theming community for Rainmeter on Deviantart.

enter image description here


enter image description here


share|improve this answer
Rainmeter, isn't bad, however it still feels a little tooo structured and technical. –  David Oct 10 '11 at 10:39
Bumptop does look like what i was looking for –  David Oct 10 '11 at 10:45

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.