Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I broke the USB transceiver that came with my Microsoft wireless media desktop 1000 mouse/keyboard bundle. Anyone know where I can get a (inexpensive) replacement transceiver, besides Microsoft? They won't replace it, suggested getting a universal transceiver. Where would I get one and how would I know the right one to get?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Shinrai, MaQleod, Nifle, 8088, Sathya Oct 20 '11 at 10:17

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Unless it's a bluetooth system, it's unlikely there are universal transceivers for this. The troubleshooting document says to call the Microsoft Order Desk at (800) 360-7561 to order replacement parts. Is this the number you called to try and get a replacement? – music2myear Oct 18 '11 at 14:30
not bluetooth - apparently its 27mhz RF with some sort of encryption – Journeyman Geek Oct 18 '11 at 15:22
I have same mouse, called this number, a guy told me that it's an old hardware, they don't have replacements for this. The only was somehow to get is is to find a universal transceiver. But were can I possibly find it :) – valk Apr 3 '13 at 21:36

Browse other questions tagged .