I have a laptop Dell D820 with Intel Core Duo T2500 @ 2.00 GHz, more than four years old, still in good condition.
When I benchmarked the CPU using the PerformanceTest 7.0 from http://www.cpubenchmark.net and compared the results (of the CPU only) to same Dell laptops, I found out that my score is about 1/3 compared to others.
My score is ~ 350 and other Dell laptops with same CPU have about 950 - 990.
I ran the test at least three times with no other (significant) programmes/services in the background.
Does anyone have an idea why my CPU is slower than other comparable CPUs? Thanks for any hint.
UPDATE: The laptop is plugged to power and not running any background services like antivirus.
UPDATE: I ran a memtest to check if RAM could cause it and it's probably not causing it. Two comparable laptops were about 2-3 times better and third laptop was about 1/2 worse than mine (in RAM test). All of them, including the worse, are still about 2-3 better in CPU benchmark.
- Intel T2500 @ 2.00 GHz
- Measured speed: 1995.0 MHz
- Number of CPU: 1
- Cores per CPU: 2
- Multiplier: 6x
- Bus speed: 167 MHz
- Front side bus speed: 667 MHz
Can it be caused by 167 MHz bus speed? FSB and RAM is @ 667 MHz
UPDATE: I ran diagnostics in BIOS (except the looong RAM test) and everything passed OK. The only settings in BIOS related to CPU were:
- Current clock speed: 1.000 GHz
- Minimum clock speed: 1.000 GHz
- Maximum clock speed: 2.000 GHz
- Processor cache size: 2048 KB
None of theese fields are changeable
SpeedStep Enable (set to Enable)
- Off = Place the system into the lowest performance state and prevent the Intel SpeedStep applet or native operating system driver from adjusting the processor's performance.
- Enable = Allow the Intel SpeedStep-enabled CPU to operate in multiple performance states.
- The factory default setting is Enabled.
Tools like Speccy or RightMark CPU Clock Utility are telling me that both cores are @ 997.5 MHz (core clock), @ ~ 695 MHz throttled; multiplier 6x, temperature ~ 38 celsius. It's not overheated but it seems to me throttled and I don't know by what. Any idea?