I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a new Samsung laptop and accessing the internet okay via ethernet cable to my university's ISP. Some sites work fine (e.g. google.com) but I can't access others at all (microsoft.com, topshop.com).
I can't connect to those sites in safe mode with networking. And ping and tracert both fail. There's no proxy.
Other users can connect successfully to these sites using my cable and socket.
I've tried all the following with no success:
- using various browsers (IE9, FF, Chrome)
- creating a new user
- updating drivers
- clearing the DNS cache
- using OpenDNS and Google's DNS
- turning off Avast
- tweaking the MTU
- running MS malicious software removal tool
- running Spybot S&D
- reviewing the hosts file
- disabling the IPv6 options
- repairing / resetting winsock settings
I have run out of ideas... can anyone see anything I've missed??!