After struggling for four hours, I still cannot get Unity 3D of Gnome 3 to work on my VirtualBox - I have been pouring through Internet and forum posts but to no avail.
Here's what I've done so far:
- VirtualBox 4.1.4r74921 on Windows 7
- Installed Ubuntu Desktop 11.10 ( 32 bit )
- Enabled 3D acceleration
- Allocated 1.5GB of RAM
- Allocated 50MB video memory (hope this is not the culprit)
- Installed Guest edition 4.1.4
- Did apt-get update and apt-get upgrade
- Booted back in to Ubuntu - falls back to Unity 2D
- Shared folder, mouse integration all works, so guest edition is properly installed
Tried the command and below is the output
/usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test –p OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.11 Not software rendered: no Not blacklisted: yes GLX fbconfig: yes GLX texture from pixmap: no GL npot or rect textures: yes GL vertex program: yes GL fragment program: yes GL vertex buffer object: yes GL framebuffer object: yes GL version is 1.4+: yes Unity 3D supported: no
I am trying to find what the "no" means but cannot find any good answers.
- Inter Core i5 processor
- 4GB of RAM on the host
- Display adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
Is anyone else facing the same problem? If so, can you point me to a solution or any reference where I can find a solution?