Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I didn't know "top" had a nicer colorized version like this. What is the command? Does anyone recognize this?

share|improve this question

migrated from Oct 19 '11 at 23:41

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

up vote 10 down vote accepted


This is htop, an interactive process viewer for Linux. It is a text-mode application (for console or X terminals) and requires ncurses.

share|improve this answer

Try z/Z in top

share|improve this answer
What ZZ top? – Stein G. Strindhaug Nov 28 '08 at 19:42
"she's got colours, she knows how to use them" :-) – gbjbaanb Nov 29 '08 at 0:06

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.