- Host OS: Win7 Pro 64bit
- Guest OS: WinXP 32bit
- VirtualBox version: 4.1.4r74291
- Processor: Intel Core i7 2630QM with virtualization enabled
I need the guest system to use multiple cores. I have enabled the following options in VirtualBox:
- IO APIC (motherboard tab)
- PAE/NX (processor tab)
- VT-x/AMD-V (acceleration)
- nested paging (acceleration)
All other options on the System submenu are switched of. The 'processors' slider is set to 8.
The problem is that the guest system runs correctly, but only one processor/core is visible.