Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there any dummy laptop which is basically just a display and keyboard/trackpad that has VGA input and USB input?

You could plug this unit's power in and USB keyboard in to a headless server to administer it. Maybe it could fold up just like a regular keyboard and move it around?

I want to Google for it but I don't know what it is called.

share|improve this question
Similar to:… – MaQleod Oct 20 '11 at 17:31
You might find this link useful:… – MaQleod Oct 20 '11 at 17:32
up vote 0 down vote accepted

They are generally called rackmount screen and keyboard KVMs (Google search) for use in server closets.

The KVM function allows them to connect to multiple systems and use the included keyboard and mouse to control the systems. They also usually have a pointing device such as a touchpad or trackball for mouse control.

They may also be called "server consoles" because the console is the portion of the system you interact with, eg. the keyboard and the mouse and the screen.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .