Having read this excellent post from HN I am now looking into options to backup my Gmail Account.
I would like a system whereby I can
- Automate backups using a cron job
- Encrypt my backups (not really part of the actual backup process)
- Store the backups in such a way that I can send them to Amazon S3 (i.e. tarball)
- Have incremental backups (i.e. backup script should be able to accept a 'backup from' date)
- Have the ability to restore my emails to their current state (i.e. maintain labels)
So far, I have been unable to find anything that achieves the above, but I think that for anyone with a Gmail account, it is very important to make good backups of your emails (and I would recommend reading the linked article for anyone who hasnt).
Does anyone have a good idea for a solution to the above?