Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

When I write things in word, I often want to paste something, and have it be under a bullet point and have line breaks. I can do this manually with Shift-Enter, is there anyway I can select a bunch of bulleted items and do this in an automated way?



  • foo
  • bar
  • baz


  • foo
share|improve this question
up vote 4 down vote accepted

Select the text and Find-Replace (Ctrl+H) ^p with ^l. Might have to re-bullet the 1st one afterwards though.

share|improve this answer
Good enough for me, thanks! – Kyle Brandt Sep 3 '09 at 15:59

+1 for Bonus's solution. To prevent re-bulleting the first one just start your selection from the end of the first line - in your example that would mean immediately after the second 'o' in 'foo'.

share|improve this answer
This really should have been a comment. But I know - I've been there. :) – Isxek Sep 3 '09 at 16:11
Vinayak didn't have enough reputation on Sep. 3 to post a comment. – Martha Dec 11 '09 at 1:05

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.