My custom built PC:
- Intel DH67BL
- Core i7 2600
- Asus 5670 GPU
- 500W PSU
- 2 x 500G WD Blue HDD
- 2 x 4G Transcend RAM
...was working fine for a few weeks but now I'm having this strange issue:
- If its left untouched for a few hours, then I turn it ON, it boots up abd shows the Intel logo, it even goes into BIOS if I want and sometimes even tries to load the OS... but after a few seconds or sometimes minutes it turns OFF automatically.
- Once I have let it boot for a few times or even once, it won't show anything on the screen, no intel logo, nothing at all!
- If I wait another few hours and they try again, I get the display on screen again!
This is what I tried so far:
- Tried each RAM stick one by one.
- Tried another PSU
- Refitted the CPU Fan
- Managed to get into BIOS and checked temperates, nothing was worrying, all under 50 degrees. I could check only for a minute or two before it shut down automatically.
Some people I talked to said I need to reapply thermal paste, but this PC was built just 2 months back and unused since, how could the thermal paste dry up so soon? Probably because of NOT using it continuously for a few weeks?
I'd really appreciate any help!