Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there an equivalent to the HTML tag rowspan when creating a Microsoft Word table? I seem to only be able to create rectangular grids.

share|improve this question

migrated from Oct 31 '11 at 0:51

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

Do you mean attribute rowspan, as in rowspan="2"? – Jared Farrish Oct 31 '11 at 0:50
Also, tables in Word are 100% layout, so ideas such as rowspan are perhaps not as much relevant as you might think. – Jared Farrish Oct 31 '11 at 0:52

In Word 2010, selecting two cells above each other, right clicking and merging them works for me. Furthermore, you could try drawing the table.

How's that?

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .