There is a lot of literature on the net on playing HD videos but nothing which explains comprehensively, hence my question.
I have a PC with the following configuration
- 2GB RAM running 32 bit Windows 7
- Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT graphics card (1GB)
- 21" monitor ( Acer P225HQ, supporting a resolution of 1920 x 1080) connected to the PC via a VGA cable (the only possible input to the monitor is a VGA cable - it does not support HDMI, DVI or S-VIDEO input)
I want to download a 1080p (H.264, AAC Stereo) video sample from the internet and play it in my computer. My questions are -
- Will the VGA connection support HDMI playback? (I understand that VGA transmits analog signals whereas the file is a digital format)
- What is the role of the video card? Is video card support necessary to play the video or is it enough to have software (VLC player) which can interpret the video and audio codec?
- Does the monitor need to support HDMI? Will it look different in case I connect a monitor which supports 1080p (such a monitor usually has a HDMI port)?
- Any other hardware, codec or software I need to install for playing HD videos and watching it with the intended quality?