Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

On a Sony Vaio, I can't find a "Control + Up key" required for moving an online task. Where do I find it?

share|improve this question

closed as not a real question by Shinrai, tombull89, 8088, Sathya Nov 4 '11 at 5:12

It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Huh? Are you saying your keyboard doesn't have a Ctrl or an Up key? Like physically doesn't have them? Did they maybe fall off? What on earth is your question? – Shinrai Nov 3 '11 at 19:15

You can try one of these:

  1. You can press Control + Up if you have that key.

  2. You can hold Ctrl and while holding Ctrl press Up as an alternative.

  3. You can install AutoHotkey and bind a key to Send Keys {Control Down}{Up}{Control Up}.

Here are the keys...

enter image description here

Or you could opt for this unique work in progress of a Microsoft keyboard...


share|improve this answer

Those of us who have used computers for a long time occasionally forget how peculiar they are and how bizarre the language that has grown up around computers.

When people say "press the Ctrl + up key" they mean

  • Hold down the key labelled "Ctrl" with your left index finger.
  • Without releasing the "Ctrl key", with your right hand's index finger, press once, the key labelled with an upward pointing arrow.
  • Release the key labelled "Ctrl".

Other keys labelled "Ctrl" can also be used, as can other fingers.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.